We went to an all weekend wedding event. After eating Indian food for the last 3 days, we had enough. It was time for a Mexican inspired breakfast.
- saute chopped onion in olive oil until translucent
- add a chopped potato and a sliced red bell pepper
- season with salt, pepper, ground cumin and ancho chili powder or red cayenne to taste
- after potatoes are cooked through, add 1 1/2 cups refried beans or one can vegetarian refried or black beans
- heat through
- serve with warm tortillas, salsa, cheese and guacamole