Friday, November 9, 2007

Olde Crone's soaps

I emailed Amy of Olde Crone's Bewitching Bath Soaps awhile back to find out some more about her products and mentioned that i found out about her through Manisha's wonderful blog. I was intrigued because of the goat milk chai soap that Manisha had mentioned. I am constantly on the lookout for new natural and organic products, so when I was researching her product line, I found most things to be VEGAN! Truly, this lady rocks you all.

Sometimes it can be difficult in the U.S. to be able to purchase products directly from the artisan, whereas in India, you will find them all over the streets peddling their goods. And unlike shopping at retailers like Walmart and even Bath & Body, where the name of the game is shelf life, isn't it refreshing to find someone who has taken the time to make these wonderful handmade artisan soaps without chemicals? I've just ordered 4 types of soaps, citrus herb lip balm and lavender lemon lotion. Most of the soaps I saw run for $5. A small price to pay to be a goddess don't you think?

4 comments:

Indian Food Rocks said...

Good for you!

I really love Amy's soaps - I bought the rosemary soap and the chai goat milk soap. They leave my skin feeling really soft and wonderful. Apparently her shampoo soaps work well too!

I am thinking of ordering soaps from Amy as Christmas gifts to share in the neighborhood.

If I weren't so lazy, I would have bought Amy's book and tried my hand at making them.

Alpa said...

Thanks! I checked her out as soon as you put up that post about her at the fair, but am just now getting around to ordering. She seems like an awesome person who loves what she does. Is she hiring? lol!

Rockquelle, the Rollergirl Next Door said...

This is Amy, the Olde Crone herself. Thanks so much for the positive review!

Manisha and alpa, you can order online anytime at:

www.soapcrone.com

Alpa, sorry, It's just me and my husband with the soap. I'll keep you in mind if I ever go big-time! :)

Amy

Rockquelle, the Rollergirl Next Door said...

Thanks so much for the lovely review!

Manisha and Alpa--thanks always for ordering! I appreciate the repeat business.

Happy Holidays to everyone!