saturday mornings are meant to be savored slowly, lazily and of course hungrily. this weekend, i made a quick stirfry using red potatoes and a yellow pepper i had in the fridge. they came together in a whole wheat wrap. the kick to the dish comes from the jalapeno and cilantro.
prep time: 10 min
cook time: 15 min
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 4 red potatoes, washed & chopped into cubes
- 1 yellow bell pepper, washed & chopped
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 jalapenos, washed & chopped – use per your personal preference
- few sprigs of cilantro, washed & chopped
- juice of half lemon
- pinch of mustard seeds & cumin seeds
- tspn cumin & coriander powders
- heat a wide sauté pan and add 2 tbspn olive oil, add mustard & cumin seeds; let pop
- add potatoes, bell pepper, onion & salt, stir & cover for 10-13 min on low heat until potatoes are cooked thru. The last 5 min, add the jalapenos.
- add cilantro & lemon juice, stir and let cook 2 more minutes
in a flat pan, add a drizzle of olive oil and cook the tortilla on both sides till lightly brown, add the potato mixture and roll like a wrap, serve warm.
Listening to: the soulful groove of India Arie; "ready for love" from, Acoustic Soul (2001)