Thursday, May 22, 2008

gift of summer sunshine


this evening, i open the front door to check the mail and see a yellow package. i bring it in and it's all i can do to not rip it open when i see the sender's name. i wanted to make sure i get a snap real quick before i tear into the beautifully wrapped package.

guess what? it's from one of the sweetest people in blogdom, Penny of the gorgeous blog, Sew Take a Hike! i commented on one of her posts about some gorgeous yellow fabric she recently purchased and can you believe she sent it to me? she must have known i was secretly longing for it the whole time, LOL! isn't it just so whimsical and sunshiny? it's like summer all bundled up.

seriously, if you haven't paid her a visit, you really need to see what she's up to. if you think all she does is sew and hike, boy are you in for a treat - this lady cooks the most delicious looking food too! please do visit her blog and Etsy shop, you will not be disappointed.

Penny - thank you so much for your kind spirit and generosity and being so motivating in my newfound sewing interest! now i just have to figure out what i'm going to make with it! it's so pretty, i don't know if i will be able to make that first cut. any suggestions???

9 comments:

Indian Food Rocks said...

Very summery! Can't wait to see what you do with it!

ayumills said...

What a pretty fabric! Penny must be such a sweet person.. and you are so lucky!! I love the fabric! When I saw this fabric the first thing that came to my head was something for babies. Baby quilt? Baby blanket? But something for kitchen might work great too like a tea cozy?!

notyet100 said...

looks good,..colour will surely brighten nyones day,..

Alpa said...

Manisha - Hi! There's some cousins who are due in the next few months, so I might take Ayumill's suggestion and make something for the little ones. Thanks for dropping by!

Ayumills - you're so right!! I didn't think of that - maybe a nice changing pad with a diaper holder & some bibs?

Notyet100 - It's on my counter, so everytime I look at it, I just smile :)

sewtakeahike said...

Hi Alpa,
the possibilities are endless with this material, it is just so gorgeous! I sent you an email with some suggestions, but I thought of something else, how about this (http://weewonderfuls.typepad.com/wee_wonderfuls/2007/09/last-minute-pat.html) baby elephant for your friends having a baby, it would be so cute in this fabric and you could even use the top of the sheet with the eyelet for the nose or ears? it would be adorable!! I would highly recommend this book either way, it has tons of great sewing projects in it that are very hip and stylish!!

Uma said...

that's such a sweet gesture of Penny! It's really a beautiful fabric. I just saw her lovely blog. I am so much interested in sewing. So I bookmarked it at once. Thanks for showing such a nice blog, Alpa! Have a great weekend ahead!

Sangeeth said...

very nice colour combo...liked it a lot

pink-petal-designs said...

Hi Alph, Penny sure is a wonderful kind lady, love the nice summery fabric, enjoy using it.
Sarah x

Alpa said...

Sarah - Thanks for visiting me! Penny is indeed such a sweet wonderful person! Please visit her blog!