Sunday, April 17, 2011

strawberries in a champagne mustard viniagrette



My darling cousin, Jima, has recently started blogging at sugaRush.  I think she is mainly going to be focusing on salads and smoothies.... Yummmmmm! I am really looking forward to all her recipes!  Please do visit her.

In honor of her blog, I made this strawberry salad the other day for lunch.   No recipe, just tear up some mache and romaine in a bowl, add some nuts and crumbled feta if you like and some light dressing and you are ready to devour.

The dressing I used to top this luscious lunch is your basic viniagrette.  Just mix everything in a bottle and shake to eumulsify:
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1-2 tbspns champagne vinegar
  • 1 tbspn dijon mustard
  • 1 teaspoon honey
  • whatever herbs you have on hand (mint and oregano are lovely)
  • salt & black pepper

No comments: