Thursday, May 19, 2011

french toast pudla

You all know how much I love pudla and how much I love breakfast.  One, because it's delicious and healthy, but secondly, it's low in carbs!   I love the idea of French Toast, so I thought why not use pudla batter in its place?  So much for the carbs lol.


The end result was so good!  I used a 7 Grain bread and dipped it in the pudla batter and then pan fried it on medium-low for about 4 minutes on each side.  The bread stayed quite crispy.  It was so comforting and filling.   I'll be making this all the time now!

Basic pudla batter used here:
  • 1 cup besan (AKA gram flour/chickpea flour found at any Indian store)
  • Add 3 spoons of plain yogurt and enough water to make a pancake batter consistency
  • Add salt, pepper, 1/2 tspn of turmeric and chili powder
  • Optional - Add a teaspoon of ajwain (carom seeds)
  • Optional - Add in a diced tomato, onion, serrano and 1-2 cloves of garlic

No comments: