Tuesday, October 18, 2011

10 minute gnocchi

I know I've posted a gnocchi dish before, but it's such a really really really quick dinner. I love gnocchi. Its so fast and delicious. It took a total of 10 minutes. This time I used a sweet potato gnocchi.

I set a pot of water to boil, meanwhile, chopped half an onion, some garlic, 2 tomatoes & a handful of basil.

Cook the gnocchi according to instructions. Mine took 3 minutes.

Add olive oil to a pan, add a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes and sauté the onion for 2 minutes, add the garlic and sauté for a minute. Add tomatoes, salt, black pepper, a pinch of sugar & let simmer until the gnocchi is done. Mix gnocchi & basil & handful of Parmesan (optional). Done!

Notes- next time I am going to use a simple brown butter & sage sauce. I think that would be superb.

No comments: